PROFILON® Alarm A1
Security films with alarm function
Characteristics at a glance
- Security film with a patented combination of a mechanical protection system and the characteristics of a full-surface breakage alarm – recognised by the VdS!
- The film protects against smash and grab, vandalism, thrown object penetration, sabotage and other external attacks, with immediate alarm activation in the event of glass breakage
- PROFILON® ALARM A1 security films are multi-ply and have internal silvered alarm threads running through them
- A retrofit solution for unprotected plain or insulation glass
- Resistance class A1 pursuant to DIN 52 290, P2A pursuant to EN 356 and UL 972
- PROFILON® Alarm A1 window film has the following effects: impedes penetration from thrown objects, deters break-ins, prevents splintering, prevents fire spreading (no build up of fumes)
- With integrated UV protection
- Developed and produced by the only security film manufacturer in Germany
- Suitable for securing private, commercial and industrial properties
Areas of application
- Private households: house doors, window fronts and patio doors
- Public administration buildings
- Office buildings
- Shop windows
- Entrance areas
- Production halls
- Industrial plants
PROFILON® ALARM A1
HAVERKAMP has developed a sophisticated combined protection and warning system, in the form of the PROFILON® ALARM A1 alarm and security film. The film can be installed easily and directly to glass and proves its effectiveness through its resistance to penetration from thrown objects, comparable with laminated safety glass. The film is also able to reduce the impact of explosives and airborne splinters, and in the event of fire, it prevents flames from reaching other areas. Moreover, PROFILON® Alarm A1 has silvered alarm threads running through it that can be connected to any intrusion alarm system.
PROFILON®ALARM A1 is categorised pursuant to the VdS in the highest alarm class – Class C. This means that the product is equivalent to a higher value active glass breakage alarm in terms of its alarm, while at the same time offering high mechanical resistance. The film therefore provides an important time gain in the event of a break-in attempt.
No other manufacturer supplies such a varied range of films as HAVERKAMP, with features ranging from splinter retention to burglary resistance and explosion resistance, also with alarm function if required. Recognised by the VdS!
Properties of security film
Glass surfaces in particular are extremely fragile – not only because of their internal characteristics, such as nickel sulphide inclusions, but also due to external impacts, like attempted break-ins. It is here that PROFILON® ALARM A1 provides optimum protection is several ways: in the event of glass breakage, the protective film keeps the splinters in the frame, thus preventing the severe danger of airborne splinters. The combination of glass panel and film within the frame limits the occurrence of tensions in the facade and therefore reduces the destruction of other glass panels. Another advantage is that the broken pane can be safely removed and replaced. This is made possible by the PROFILON® ALARM A1 security film's special construction: it is multi-ply film laminate with a thickness of 360 μ. This enables it to attain the resistance classes A1 pursuant to DIN 52 290, P2A pursuant to EN 356 and UL 972. The silvered alarm threads can be inserted into the film laminate at spacings of 4, 10 or 20 centimetres and they can be individually configured to suit the customer's requirements and the hazard in question.
PROFILON® ALARM A1 security film also provides protection against unpleasant UV radiation and thus delays the onset of yellowing or fading of display objects and furnishings in shop windows or behind large window fronts.
PROFILON® ALARM A1 has the following effects:
- impedes thrown objects
- deters break-ins
- deters smash and grab
- retains splinters
- reduces the spread of fire (no build-up of fumes)
- absorbs UV