Quiescent current technology
- Quiescent current technology is integrated in numerous HAVERKAMP security fences
- The most recent product development to be based on quiescent current is AluGARD®
- AluGARD® is used to secure the new runway at Frankfurt Airport
- Product benefit of quiescent current technology: reliable signalisation of any deviation, able to differentiate between sabotage, penetration/intrusion or maintenance signals, virtually false-alarm-free, includes intelligent evaluation module, made by HAVERKAMP
- Perimeter systems based on quiescent current are especially recommended by HAVERKAMP security experts for private estates or for properties in which false alarms would result in high consequential costs.
- The HAVERKAMP quiescent current product range comprises fully fledged integrated mechanical fences, to which a variety of modular filler materials – glass, wood or steel grating – can be added
In a quiescent current system or component, a defined, usually relatively small, current flows constantly while the system is in a quiescent, or idle, state. Only when the current is interrupted or rises above or falls below the tolerance range, is a signal emitted. HAVERKAMP quiescent current technology is installed in a number of HAVERKAMP security fences as well as in the PROFILON® alarm security film system. An intelligent evaluation module made by HAVERKAMP ensures reliable alarm activation.
When a continuous signal current is interrupted or rises above or falls below the tolerance range, a signal is generated and an alarm triggered. This signalisation is classified by an evaluation module,
which is able to distinguish between sabotage, penetration/intrusion or maintenance signals. HAVERKAMP perimeter systems operating on quiescent current reliably signal any deviation. The great advantage of quiescent current monitoring is its strength and stability even in extreme conditions. Due to the low rate of false alarms, HAVERKAMP recommends these systems in particular for private estates or for properties in which false alarms would result in high consequential costs.
HAVERKAMP has developed and installed numerous security fence systems that operate reliably and virtually false-alarm-free, according to this principle. We supply several fully fledged integrated mechanical fences which can be equipped with a variety of modular filler materials – glass, wood or steel grating – offering further protection in addition to detection and mechanical security, for instance in the form of privacy, noise and wind protection.
HAVERKAMP security fence systems that operate on quiescent current can be found here.