OPALFILM® Whisper ist ein Schallschutz, der im Folienbehang von Rollos, Lamellen bzw. Vertikaljalousien eingearbeitet wird.
Characteristics at a glance
- Sun protection and sound absorption in one
- Improves room acoustics by reducing sound wave reflection and reverberation times
- Integrated UV protection of over 99 percent
- Suitable for glare-free computer-screen workplaces in accordance with the Workplace Regulations (ArbStättV) and allows a view to the outside
- Available in a range of films, embossing types and colours
- Can be combined as a film blind with OPALVARIO® variable systems
Areas of application
- Open-plan offices
- Swimming baths
- Production works
- Entrance halls
- Meeting rooms
- Living spaces
Folienfarben und -varianten
- silver / grey 2R
- grey / grey 2R
- silver / grey 10 R
On request in different film colours available.
The high efficiency of OPALFILM® Whisper in improving room acoustics is based on its micro-perforations. Using a patented process, the films are perforated with holes of 0.2mm in diameter at a distance of 2mm apart. When sound waves impact on the film, there is a physical reaction, in which the sound energy is transformed into heat resulting from friction at the edges of the perforations. This results in a considerable reduction in reverberation times and in turn reduces noise levels.
Thanks to their excellent anti-glare performance while simultaneously maintaining visibility to the outside, OPALFILM® blind films have been used successfully for many years to provide glare protection for computer-screen workplaces. Use of the latest embossing techniques gives the film an optimum balance between transparency and hanging behaviour.
The combination of these features creates a new, multifunctional product for use inside buildings.