OPALFILM® window films provides collision protection for birds in flight
Characteristics at a glance
- Reduces bird collision by up to 90 percent
- Shatter protection (glass splinters remain bound together after breakage)
- Retains neutral colour, irrespective of time of day
- Can be retrofitted
- Recommended by leading bird protection organisations
Areas of application
- Mirror window fronts and glass panels
- Glass facades
- Glass panels on office and high-rise buildings
- Noise barriers
- Bus and other glass shelters, waiting rooms
- Patio doors
- Diamond pattern, black/black
- Diamond pattern, orange/black
OPALFILM® birdsafe® – for effective protection against bird impacts
OPALFILM® birdsafe® flat-glass films protect against bird collision without impairing visibility to the outside.
Birds in flight are unable to perceive transparent or mirrored surfaces, so such surfaces are a serious danger to birds of all species. The neutral-coloured bird collision protection films in the OPALFILM® birdsafe® series incorporate a specially developed diamond pattern that birds are able to see.
In addition to the splinter-binding properties of the films, the risk of birds colliding with the coated windows or glass fronts is reduced by up to ninety percent. Moreover, it does not restrict the benefits of the glass material – the surroundings remain bright and the friendly room climate is preserved.
OPALFILM® birdsafe® film for protection against bird collision can be applied to all flat-glass surfaces and can also be installed on noise barriers, glass-panel facades and window fronts in private households.