high resistance security film P3A - for retrofitting
Characteristics at a glance
- Security film with additional explosion-protection properties, provides optimum protection against break-in, vandalism and incendiary attacks
- restistance class: P3A accortding to DIN EN 356 A
- verified in a practical test performed by the Material Testing Agency (Materialprüfungsamt)
- produced in Germany - produced by HAVERKAMP
- A retrofit solution for unprotected plain or insulation glass
- scratch-resistant – maintenance-free
Areas of application
- Public administration buildings
- Office buildings
- Shop windows
- Entrance areas
- Production halls
- Industrial plants
- Server rooms / IT centres
- Meeting rooms / conference rooms
- Art galleries and museums
PROFILON® P3A has been proven as a highly resistant, strongly impede penetration by thrown objects or explosion, and extremly prevents the spread of splinters. It offers optimum protection against smash and grab, vandalism, and incendiary attacks.
This has also been demonstrated in the 'DIN EN 356 A' practical testing carried out in the penetration resistance class by the Material Testing Agency: a steel ball weighing 4.11 kilograms was dropped a total of three times from a height of six metres onto a panel coated with PROFILON® P3A. The result was that despite the enormous impact energy, the splintered glass panel was held in the frame by the extremely robust, multi-ply film. This makes it to be awarded this certification by the Material Testing Agency.
PROFILON® P3A multi-ply security film can be retrofitted to all glass panels with a flat surface, irrespective of whether they are made of float glass, toughened, laminated or heat-strengthened glass. Moreover, an integrated UV filter protects the interior from ultraviolet radiation. This prevents premature yellowing or fading of display objects in galleries or behind shop windows. It is scratch-resistant and hence has a particularly long service life. The film's special hardened surface can be easily cleaned using conventional cleaning materials.