extremely resistant | VdS tested | alternative to glass replacement
Characteristics at a glance
- extremely high-resistance security film that provides optimum protection against break-ins, vandalism and incendiary attacks
- displays blast-resistant properties
- resistance class P4A according to DIN EN 356 A
- tested by the German VdS and confirmed in the mode of action
- suitable for use in RC-2 security windows | alternative to glass replacement
- recommended by insurance companies
- optimised transparency
- for all types of glazing |for retrofit solution and new constructions
- developed by HAVERKAMP – guaranteed made in Germany
- can be combined with sun protection | alarms | eavesdropping
PROFILON® P4A works:
- Extremely resistant to thrown objects
- Greatly impedes smash and grab attacks
- Resistant to splinters becoming airborne
- Resistant to fire spreading
- From 4 mm float glass
Please also see our guide on this topic: Dual Coating – Worthwhile Or Not?
Areas of application
- Public administration buildings
- Office buildings
- Shop windows
- Entrance areas
- Production halls
- Industrial plants
- Server rooms / IT centres
- Meeting rooms / conference rooms
- Art galleries and museums
PROFILON® P4A security film
PROFILON® P4A has been demonstrated to be highly resistant, extremely blast-resistant and extremely effective in impeding penetration by thrown objects. It prevents the spread of splinters with a reliability that is matched by virtually no other security film on the market. The film offers optimum protection against smash and grab, vandalism and incendiary attacks.
This has been demonstrated by practical testing according to DIN EN 356 A in the bullet resistance class: a 4.11 kilograms steel ball was dropped three times from a height of nine metres onto a glass coated with PROFILON® P4A. The result: The film defied the enormous impact energy and an impact speed of 50 km/h, the extremely robust multi-ply film prevents airborne glass splinters. Numerous insurance companies therefore recommend this safety film, which is therefore also suitable for use in RC-2 safety windows.
This multiple-ply film can be retrofitted to any flat glazing surface. It is installed solely on the inside. In addition, an integrated UV filter protects the interior from UV radiation. The film is extremely scratch-insensitive and as such highly durable.