.PROFILON® AX A1
Security film with enhanced resistance against thrown object
Characteristics at a glance
- Security film with additional protects against break-in, vandalism and incendiary attacks
- PROFILON® AX A1 security films are a retrofit solution for unprotected plain or insulation glass
- PROFILON® AX A1 window films are suitable for securing private objects: for windows , glass panels , glass inserts a house doors etc.
- Developed in Germany
- Scratch-resistant – maintenance-free
- Resistance classes achieved: A1 pursuant to DIN 52 290, P2A pursuant to EN 356, UL 972
Areas of application
- terrace doors
- Home office
- Front doors with glass panels
- Windows in living rooms and bedrooms
PROFILON® AX A1
PROFILON® AX A1 security film can be retrofitted to normal glass, thus turning it into a laminated security glass that impedes penetration by thrown objects. It has low flammability. Even under the impact of stones, Molotov cocktails or break-in objects, PROFILON® AX A1 ensures that glass splinters remain in the frame. Moreover, the film enhances the endurance of the glass panels, with the result that would-be smash-and-grab thieves often have to abandon their plans. The film also has a special integrated UV filter that protects against unpleasant ultraviolet radiation and delays the onset of yellowing or fading of display objects or store furnishings behind large window fronts.
PROFILON® AX A1 security film is available in a number of different types: transparent, matt-white for privacy protection, and solar to protect against the sun's radiation.
The multi-ply structure of the PROFILON® AX A1 security film absorbs the impact energy caused by the force of a thrown stone or incendiary. The extremely strong adhesive bond ensures high splinter retention. PROFILON® AX A1 can be retrofitted to all glass panels with a flat surface, irrespective of whether they are made of float glass, toughened, laminated or heat-strengthened glass. The film also features a number of additional benefits compared to laminated glass: first of all, it is much cheaper as it is not necessary to purchase any new windows. Any conventional window pane is suitable for retrofitting with security film. Another advantage is that it can be fitted without impairing ongoing in-house activities. No dirt is created and the installation process is fast compared to the work involved in reglazing. PROFILON® AX A1 is also extremely scratch-resistant, can be cleaned with conventional cleaning agents and has a long service life without being susceptible to yellowing.
PROFILON® AX A1 has the following effects:
- impedes thrown objects
- deters break-ins
- deters smash and grab
- retains splinters
- reduces the spread of fire (no build-up of fumes)
- absorbs UV