high resistance security film - for retrofitting
Characteristics at a glance
- Security film provides optimum protection against break-in, vandalism and incendiary attacks
- resistance class: P3A according to DIN EN 356 A
- verified in a practical test performed by the Material Testing Agency (Materialprüfungsamt)
- A retrofit solution for unprotected plain or insulation glass
- produced in Germany
- scratch-resistant – maintenance-free
Areas of application
- terrace doors
- Home office
- Front doors with glass panels
- Windows in living rooms and bedrooms
PROFILON® P3A has been proven as a highly resistant, strongly impede penetration by thrown objects or explosion. It prevents the spread of splinters, as well. It offers optimum protection against smash and grab, vandalism, and incendiary attacks.
It has also been demonstrated in the 'DIN EN 356 A' practical testing carried out in the penetration resistance class by the Material Testing Agency: a steel ball weighing 4.11 kilograms was dropped a total of three times from a height of six metres onto a panel coated with PROFILON® P3A. The result was that despite the enormous impact energy, the splintered glass panel was held in the frame by the extremely robust, multi-ply film. This makes it to be awarded this certification by the Material Testing Agency.
PROFILON® P3A multi-ply security film can be retrofitted to all glass panels with a flat surface, irrespective of whether they are made of float glass, toughened, laminated or heat-strengthened glass. Moreover, an integrated UV filter protects the interior from ultraviolet radiation. This prevents premature yellowing or fading of display objects in galleries or behind shop windows. It is extremely scratch-resistant and hence has a particularly long service life. The film's special hardened surface can be easily cleaned using conventional cleaning materials.
PROFILON® P3A has the following effects:
- highly resistant to thrown objects
- resistant to explosion
- strong deterrent to smash and grab
- retains splinters
- reduces the spread of fire (no build-up of fumes)
- absorbs UV